Zebra Technologies is a global leader within the High-Technology arena. With the most recognized brand in the automatic identification industry and the most complete product line, Zebra is dedicated to transforming our clients’ business through innovative products, reliable services and – most importantly – our committed employees. Our solutions are used to improve business processes, increase productivity, improve quality, lower costs and strengthen security.
The position of Regional Product Manager has responsibility for the portfolio definition, positioning, launching, promotion and overall business management for a sub section of the Enterprise Mobile Computing portfolio at Zebra Technologies. They will also help develop channel programs and initiatives to drive sales through Direct, Partner and Distributor led sales.
Product Management is responsible for the market analysis – including pricing,business development and channel initiatives for a segment of products within the EMC product portfolio.
Key Metrics include revenue attainment, new production introduction, ramp up and sustaining product forecasting, contribution to the product lifecycle and ownership of the EMEA input to the Product Advisory Committee (PAC) process for the EMC product portfolio.
A significant part of this role is customer (end user or channel partner/distributor) facing with the need to present to intimate groups and large conferences and the role will require significant travel across EMEA, and also to the EMC Business Unit (BU) in the USA.
The successful candidate will become an expert in the product positioning, competitive landscape and complete go-to-market model for the EMC products. Allowing them to best position to win business in the market place, and represent EIA needs to the BU.
This is not a technical role, since a significant amount of the role involves designing, developing and deploying strategic and tactical channel programs and promotions, to significantly impact EMC product sales.
The successful candidate must be comfortable with both direct and channel sales approach to business.
- Preferably a Marketing, Business Admin or engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
- Previous product management or product marketing experience required.
- Must understand basic sales methodologies, and be familiar with product sales via direct and indirect channels.
- Ability to understand customer and, market needs, then translate these into product and GTM requirements.
- Ability to determine real product/market needs, and specific customer needs
- Continually work with partner and distributor sales team to understand the market needs and proactively engage with them to drive the EMC portfolio
- Support the R&D program teams, and help establish program priorities for EMEA
- Identify and develop programs and initiatives to help drive product sales in EMEA
- Build/Develop working relationship with key support functions within the company: Marketing, sales ops, finance
- Build relationships and working understanding of the product BU in USA, to enable role to be completed successfully
- Understand the impact of products on customer/partner business and business model, ensuring activities and programs, take into consideration the whole value chain, not just product specs
- Excellent written and verbal communication (especially over the phone) are a requirement
- Fluency in English is required, ideally with one or more European languages.
- Ability to prepare and present to large groups on both internal and external customers