The Payroll Administrator II is responsible for all payroll related processing including statutory tax filings and associated general ledger entries. This position analyzes and resolves discrepancies, and ensures that internal payroll policies and procedures are consistently followed.
This role interfaces with individuals throughout the EMEA region and at all levels of the organisation. There is a requirement for considerable communication with the HR Services Team and the HR Managers on issues relating to payroll and benefits and with other finance team members including Treasury and General Ledger. The Payroll Administrator will be in regular contact with the payroll providers and external payroll related authorities.
- Collate and review monthly payroll data for allocated payrolls and liaise with payroll providers.
- Liaise with employees, HR Managers, HR Services and payroll providers over any payroll issues, escalating as necessary.
- Review payroll output from payroll providers and organize payments to employees.
- Manage and pay tax, social security and any benefit payments and ensure all external reporting is produced accurately and in a timely manner.
- Journal preparation, monthly reconciliations and tax year preparation
- Make sure the Zebra Payroll process and procedures are followed and are in compliance with the payroll controls.
- Provide cover for other payroll team members when required.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of any statutory or legal changes that affect payroll for allocated countries.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of payroll records
- Keep current on all payroll-related laws, policies and regulations through on-line and written resources, and attending payroll seminars as needed.
- Previous payroll experience
- Excellent communication skills, including English, both written and spoken.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to work to deadlines and prioritize effectively.
- Teamworking skills
- Attentive to detail
- General accounting knowledge
- Excel and Word skills, Knowledge of Oracle an advantage