The Innovation & Design Group within Zebra Technologies is an award-winning global customer research and design team positioned within Zebra's Chief Technology Office. As a group of industrial designers, design researchers, human factors engineers and user experience designers, this team's focus is on delivering compelling physical and digital product design solutions and performance-focused user experiences for the enterprise market.
As part of the Innovation & Design team, designers are challenged to envision new products that solve highly complex problems and have the ability to carry these solutions into high-volume production.
We are looking for an individual who can provide thought leadership in the areas of Interaction and User Experience Design for mobile and desktop applications. You will be working as an integral part of a growing, global team that is involved in strategic and tactical projects.
As a User Experience Designer you will be responsible for creating and guiding the development of an appropriate behaviour model and information flow across diverse areas. In this position you will deliver all necessary deliverables required to bring a project to life and into production. You will work with internal and external stakeholders to identify requirements, craft a vision, produce and implement an execution plan. We are looking for someone that will approach each project as part of a greater strategy.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a design-related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Proven ability to work in a cross-discipline, highly-collaborative open and creative team
- Ability to think through problems on a systems level.
- Exceptional communication skills to gather and communicate user needs, requirements and solutions. Strong technical skills around developing behaviour flows.
- Highly creative, detail-oriented and passionate about delivering the best user experience possible
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently while managing multiple UX projects simultaneously
- Experienced in bringing interactive projects from concept into production.
- Proficiency in common design & implementation tools (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, Adobe After Effects, HTML 5, CSS, etc.)
- Basic sketching skills to convey ideas and concepts.
- Experience working in an agile development environment is a plus.
This role is based in our central London office in Covent Garden.
Our customers' users work in harsh environments with difficult problems and our design team is challenged with making sense of all this.
Every day at Zebra you will face a unique problem to solve and there are few companies which can offer this. If you are a designer that relishes this type of activity, this is the job for you.
More information about Zebra Technologies can be found on www.zebra.com