Working within the Global Zebra service division, this position is responsible for Repair Engineering
management in the assigned region.
– Supports New Product Introduction by ensuring all operations are ready to repair new devices as they
are released to market. May include validation of the supplier’s repair process and ensuring all
regulatory approvals and/or certifications have been obtained. Prepares repair work instructions for all
newly released products. Ensures tool and equipment have been qualified. Trains supplier
engineering group on repair process for newly released devices.
– Work closly with sustaining engineering teams to detemine best methods to implement product
design and process changes within the global repair depots.
– ECN (Engineering Change Notices) - Manage the distribution and Implementation of service
engineering change management ECN to global repair depots.
– Participates as part of a team representing repair services organization to ensure all products meet
design for service requirements
– Leads cost reductions efforts as assigned
– Acts as primary escalation for all Service Engineering activities in the region
– Uses six sigma knowledge and approach to drive projects as assigned
– Interfaces regularly with Key Customers analyzing returns, recommending process improvement and
overseeing improvement implementation
Bachelor’s degree. University degree (or degree in progress) in
an Electronic or Mechanical discipline
Preferred Work Experience (years): 5-8 years
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Must be proficient in the use of: MS Office, MS Access
- Fluent English
- Familiar with Quality Measurement Techniques – 5S,
TQM, Six sigma project management
- Experience with process auditing