The Finance Shared Services (FSS) covers departments of Payroll, Accounts Receivable (AR), Accounts
Payable (AP), General Ledger (GL), Treasury, Supplier Master Data (SMD) and Financial Planning & Analysis
(FP&A). From Brno, FSS provides services to Asia Pacific, Europe and North America.
Payroll Administrator I is responsible for all payroll related processing including statutory tax filings and
associated general ledger entries. This position analyzes and resolves discrepancies and ensures that
internal payroll policies and procedures are consistently followed.
This role interfaces with individuals at all levels of the organization. There is a requirement for
considerable communication with the HR Services Team and the HR Managers on issues relating to payroll
and benefits and with other finance team members including Treasury and General Ledger. The Payroll
Administrator will be in regular contact with the payroll providers and external payroll related authorities.
Collate and review monthly payroll data for allocated payrolls for the region and liaise with payroll
• Liaise with employees, HR Managers, HR Services and payroll providers over any payroll issues,
escalating as necessary.
• Review payroll output from payroll providers and organize payments to employees.
• Manage and pay tax, social security and any benefit payments and ensure all external reporting
is produced accurately and in a timely manner.
• Journal preparation, monthly reconciliations and tax year end preparation.
• Make sure the Zebra Payroll process and procedures are followed and in compliance with the
• Provide cover for other payroll team members when required.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of any statutory or legal changes that affect payroll for
allocated countries (through on-line and written resources, attending seminars as needed).
• Maintain strict confidentiality of payroll records.
• Ensure accurate and timely employee payroll data including attendance and vacation records.
• Required Education:
o University degree (or secondary school degree) in Finance
• Required Work Experience:
o Some experience is preferred but not required
• Key Skills and Competencies:
o International payroll experience is strongly preferred
o Ability to learn quickly and to gather the basic knowledge of statutory payroll laws and
payroll accounting practices.
o Ability to work independently to meet all payroll deadlines.
o Highly organized, detail minded, and able to analyze complex payroll transactions.
o Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written with a customer service
o Ability to work within a team environment.
o Ability to resolve issues in a quick and proper manner
o Critical thinking and continuous improvement mindset
o Advanced level of English (both written and spoken), communication over the
phone/email in English is required; demonstrate the ability to discuss the payroll issues in
o Advanced MS Excel skills required.
o Knowledge of Oracle HCM is preferred but not required.
Zebra is a US business that has been established for 50 years and sells innovative technology solutions within barcode and product identification. That means RFID, barcode scanners, printers, data analytics, and software. We employ over 7,000 people across 100 locations in 50 countries.
Our solutions are used by BMW, Amazon, DHL, Tesco’s and numerous hospitals around the world and even the NFL!
Zebra in Brno was awarded as a TOP employer of the year 2018 in Jihomoravsky kraj and also ABSL Diamonds Awards 2019 for Employee Value.
Are you interested in joining in? Apply or see more available positions on our official website www.zebra.com.